The weekend is almost there and I thought it’s time to bring some more excitement to the crowd by introducing another weekend poll. You like those polls, don’t you? This time the question is a really simple one so I’m counting on many answers. If I get enough, I will make some statistics. Here it comes! Are you ready to have some fun? I’m excited to see your answers!
What’s your favorite perfume bottle shape?
To make things easier I decided to distinguish few shape groups you can chose from
- Cylindrical shaped bottles – usually tall flacons with a round base, just like those from Parfum d’Empire, Nu_Be, Juliette Has a Gun.
- Rectangular shaped bottles – probably the most common shape for perfume bottles nowadays. They come in different ratio of width, height and depth. Bottles like these are represented by Annick Goutal, Profumum Roma, majority of Prada scents.
- Rounded bottles – not very common. Bottles of this shape usually have thinner walls and should be made of stronger glass. Arquiste and DKNY Be Delicious line come in this shape.
- Cube shaped bottles – these are some heavy and hefty bottle that usually have a thicker bottom. This shape is represented by Carner Barcelona, Shiseido Zen or Ramon Molvizar Black Cube. And there’s also Encre Noire from Lalique.
- Column shaped bottles – in this category fall all the flacons with equal side walls built around a square, pentagonal, hexagonal etc. base. L’Artisan Parfumeur, Gucci Envy, Eau d’Italie, Lorenzo Villoresi – this is a place for them all!
- Fancy & sophisticated bottles – if your favorite bottle doesn’t fit in the previous 5 categories, it will probably find its place here. Irregular shapes, artistic design and invention rule here. Bottles from Andy Tauer, Thierry Mugler, Majda Bekkali, many Comme des Garcons and your beloved Serge Luten Bell Jars all belong here.
To which out of these 6 groups does your favorite bottle classify? I like simplicity so my favorite bottle shape is rectangular but I also fancy the cylindrical bottles from Parfum d’Empire, they fit well in the hand. I also have a one cube-shaped bottle (Carner Barcelona D600) but rectangular is in the lead in my perfume wardrobe (10 flacons of this shape). Which bottle shape is to your fancy?