Today is the official beginning of astronomical summer. Calendar summer starts tomorrow. Yay! The weather is getting warmer and more sunny, we have the longest days in the year right now and we should use them for travelling, sightseeing, discovering new places, cultures and cuisine. Soon many of us will be heading for different directions around the world to escape the daily reality and get some leisure to recharge the batteries. We need to restore energy for another few months…
On this occasion I decided to share with you a short list of 6 fragrances that in my opinion are some perfect choices to have with you on your summer vacation. I think they’re pretty varied so that everyone should be able to find among the presented 6 at least 1 they will really like. The perfumes are presented in the random order, so please don’t get suggested by that. I hope that you’ll enjoy my list and of course… Have a very happy summer! Make some great memories!
- Jour Ensoleille by Sonoma Scent Studio – With this perfume Laurie Erickson managed to capture the essence of a sunny day in a bottle. This composition has the vibrancy of orange blossom combined with the floral volume of tuberose and jasmine. But it’s much more than that. This perfume has depth, given to it by myrrh and amber. Labdanum makes it a really long-lasting fragrance. Vetiver and sandalwood add more substance to it and this scent contains oakmoss, which is dear to us, chypre lovers.
- Dom Rosa by Les Liquides Imaginaires – This perfume I discovered during my visit to Esxence in Milan. Some time ago I told you about Fortis from this line and I was curious to try the other five. For most of the time the stand of Les Liquides Imaginaires was left unattended but it didn’t stop me from sniffing. My favourite one is Dom Rosa, a perfume inspired by Dom Perignon champagne. It features the very realistic champagne accord, bright, fizzy and sparkling. You can smell the bubbles in it! Rose and grapefruit make it even prettier. Honestly I’ve never smelled something like that! And I love the bottle design.
- Unter den Linded by April Aromatics – This composition was created by Tanja Bochnig who is an artisanal perfumer, couple of years ago. The fragrance has a very natural feeling and it’s supposed to remind of spring/summer season in Berlin. Unter den Linden is historically the main street in Berlin, I’ve been there 2 years ago in September, unfortunately that was too late to smell linden trees that grow all along the way. Unter den Linden has an intensive, almost pungent linden blossom which is both floral, citric and a bit soapy. Like a cocktail.
- Entre Naranjos by Ramon Monegal Barcelona – What I love about this perfume is the fact that it truly evokes the spirit of the summer. Juicy and slightly green citron aroma is combined here with the luscious smell of bitter orange. It instantly takes you to the orange trees plantation somewhere near Valencia. The bright aspect of citrus is entwined with crispy and green petitgrain. That, on the other hand is balanced by two orange flower essences: neroli and orange blossom extract. Amber and patchouli play less important role for the smell here but thanks to them the composition is really long-lasting.
- Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger by Prada – Perfumer Daniela Roche-Andrier created a neroli heaven. Prada Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger incorporates the soft intensity of neroli and orange blossom and she paired it with tuberose and jasmine for an ultimate floral sensation that will shake your world. Mandarin orange brings more happiness and a very delicate sweetness. This perfume is very clean and kind of soapy. For me the best way to describe it is to say that is smells like someone has just taken a shower. Chic, simple and classic in style.
- Wilde by Jardins d’Ecrivains – Fig in perfumery has never been my favourite note. Maybe it’s because I started with the wrong one (Diptyque Philosykos)? Anyway Wilde created by Anais Biguine is a lovely perfume that contains fig. There’s also a shot of bergamot to add some sour flavor and grapes which add a very lovely aroma that I associate with raisins. Vetiver and oakmoss create a beautiful woody concoction which is light enough to be perfect for a summer heat. Carnation brings more floral and bit spicy tonalties while tea accord is very pretty in Wilde and it wraps all the notes together.
What do you think of my summer chillout suggestions? Do you agree with some of them, or maybe not? I would love to hear in the comments below what are your favourite summer perfumes or if you have any staple fragrance you’ve been using for many years. And of course I want to know if any of the 6 above made you curious and now you want to try it! Have a happy weekend and a whole lot of fun in the summer of course. Don’t forget about water, pair of shades and a sunscreen.
Just as you write Prada Infusion Fleur d’Oranger is a great neroli, at the same time classic and contemporary. A underrated gem which deserves to be much more appreciated than it is on the fragranceboards. I also appreciate Entre Naranjos very much, it smells natural and uncomplicated of different orangenotes + a woody element.
i think prada Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger didn’t get enough love because I don’t think it was ever advertised. It also disappeared from the shelves of perfume stores quite quickly. It’s lasting power also isn’t very big but a summer perfume doesn’t need to last all day in my opinion.
Glad you like Entre Naranjos as well 🙂
here it’s cold and rainy, so it’s fun to imagine summer chillout perfumes.
From your choices I only know Unter den Linden which I like a lot, although it gives me a slightly melancholic feeling and that’s probably why it’s more late spring or even autumn to me.
I can’t believe that I haven’t tested Infusion de Fleur d’Orange yet – neroli heaven sounds devine, I guess I feared the orange blossom…all of your other suggestions go on my to try list too.
My 6 choices would at the moment be: Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain, Orange Sanguine by AC, Bombay Bling by Neela Vermeire, Bronze Goddess by Estée Lauder, Mito by Vero Profumo (my number one at the moment, I don’t know how it’ll develop during heat though…) and Pulp by Byredo.
The wather is not really summery here today: cold, windy, cloudy.
I know what you mean about Unter den Linden… And you should try Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger, it’s such a simple but very lovely neroli composition.
You’ve got some great choices there, especially Bombay Bling and Orange Sanguine. I never tried Byredo Pulp.
I need to try Unter den Linden and Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger. They both sound like the kind of perfumes that I would like. For summer, I often reach for Laura Tonatto Fleur d’Arancio, Bois 1920 Classic and Diptique Eau de Lierre, among others.
I’m not familiar with Les Liquides Imaginaires, but Dom Rosa sounds absolutely lovely! I love champagne (well, who doesn’t?) and the fragrance sounds like a pretty pick-me-up if you need a mood boost. Thank you for mentioning it and introducing me to this perfume label!
Hmmm, chill out summer perfumes huh? Summer is my least favorite season and, other than a refreshing Atelier Cologne Sous le toit de Paris, one of the Hermes Eau des Merveilles, I really don’t have a favorites list. I like your choices!
My least favorite is spring because of the allergies I have.
Sous le toit de Paris is a great scent 😀
Terrific choices, Lucas! I am thinking about what I have been wearing a lot this summer:
Ô de Lancôme (kept in the fridge)
État Libre d’Orange Archives 69
Annick Goutal Songes
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine
I actually just tested the new cologne from ELd’O today. It may be fb worthy.
I didn’t try ELd’O Cologne yet but O de Lancome from the fridge must be super refreshing.
Oh, and the newish Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique. I loved it, gave away my sample, and miss it! I may have to buy a bottle!
No, no, don’t buy it…I have a good size decant for you. We have to get together in August to do the handoff 🙂
I have Encens Flamboyant for youuuuuuuu!
Yes! All decanted and ready to go. This July is flying by and I still trying desperately to catch up and keep up with people. Is this what happens when you fall off the radar for more than 6 months?
Love this! Perfume twins like sharing things
Hajusuuri has a bottle too, for me this perfume didn’t work.